The guidelines below govern the moderation of comments on articles. We strive to encourage intelligent discourse, so the comments section is both useful and inviting for all. Please be considerate of others thanks.
- Any derogatory comments based on background, race, religion, gender, or sexual orientation will not be tolerated.
- We do not tolerate comments which can be interpreted as violent threats.
- We do not allow begging for tips/money, for example pasting wallet addresses of digital currencies.
- Personal, vindictive attacks on public figures, authors or other users will not be tolerated. People should not be afraid to post comments because of flaming.
- Constructive feedback and criticism are welcome, but smear tactics and mud-slinging are not acceptable. Other forms of persistent misrepresentation of Cointrendy, and those involved with the platform will not be tolerated.
- Nobody wants to read a flame war about which cryptocurrency you love or hate. We may stop this if the conversation isn’t going anywhere.
- Spam and other commercial comments will not be tolerated. This will cause you to be added to the blacklist if there are repeat offenses. All comments with links pass through moderation, so please be patient with moderators.
- Comments that are relevant to the article are more likely to be accepted.
- Please make sure your username and email are not offensive or overly promotional. These comments are more likely to enter the moderation queue before being accepted.
- Please do not use URLs as your username. Your comments WILL be deleted.
- Do not copy/paste the same comment into every thread.
- Do not paste links with no explanation as to what you are posting.
- Constant trolling of others to get into arguments will be noticed. The appropriate action will be taken.
- Duplicate comments will be discarded.
- Any potentially libelous posting or comments in breach of copyright will be deleted.
- Take time with what you are writing. If we can’t understand it, we won’t approve it.
- Try to write with maturity and be reasonable to others. Make your comment worthwhile, and keep it on topic.
- We are a US-based site, so moderation may be quicker during US working hours. We cannot always moderate comments 24/7. So please be patient.
- Remember that Cointrendy has a wide range of writers, and some articles are posted as opinion or feature pieces rather than news.
- Please remember that the views and opinions of many authors do not reflect the views of Cointrendy as a whole.
- Repetitive spammy comments and links to the latest altcoin or product will likely have a detrimental effect on any future coverage.
- Regular commenters using their own name with excellent history are more likely to be ‘whitelisted’, and avoid moderation queues.